Gouthwaite Backpack - 13-15L - Rust
/ˈgowthwateː/ 54°06'51.0"N 1°47'47.0"W
- Made in Britain by a master bag maker
- Highly weatherproof
- GOTS certified dry-waxed organic cotton exterior material from British Millerain in Lancashire
- 22 🌳 Planted + 450 CO2e offset
- Fair and honest pricing
- Almost plastic-free (we use a recycled polyester thread)
- Eligible for our buyback scheme
- Covered by our Lifetime Guarantee
- Your purchase helps us get people outdoors
With a similar design to its larger sibling, this rolltop backpack is made for your everyday Bear essentials. It's weatherproof, hardwearing and the more you use it, the better it looks. Made in Suffolk with ever-more British suppliers and materials. It's the perfect everyday carry.
Oscar - 186cm and 110kg
Nell - 170cm and 63kg
Made in England, with dry-waxed canvas from Scotland.
- Capacity: 13-15 Litres.
- Weight: 950g.
- Dimensions: 44-55cm high x 27cm wide x 11.5cm deep.
- Highly water-resistant dry-waxed cotton canvas material.
- Hi-vis orange water-resistant dry-waxed cotton canvas lining.
- AustriAlpin Cobra buckle closure.
- Padded laptop sleeve fits up to a 15-inch laptop.
- Zippered internal pouch for valuables.
- 2 side straps with g-hook closure.
- 2 side pouches. Will fit small-medium sized water bottles.
- Padded recycled wool felt back for added comfort.
- 50mm Canvas shoulder straps.
- All metal fittings.
- Removable sternum strap allows for added support.
- Covered by our Lifetime Warranty.
Our fair & honest pricing.
We think it's empowering to know everything about the things we use every day. We pride ourselves on being able to tell you who made your bag, when it was made, and even how much it costs to make. Most companies can't or won't tell you these things. We value honesty, so we tell you everything. We also don't follow traditional retail pricing, often around 5-6x cost. Instead, we sell direct to you and never charge more than 2x cost. We think this is fair.
|Cost to you||£175|
- Research and development
Leaving £67 to be reinvested into the business and pay for running costs.
When you buy a BearMade bag you should feel safe in the knowledge that it has been designed, and made, by people who care.
We care that:
- Our bags are made from the best and most responsible materials we can get hold of, and will be recycled into something new at the end of their life.
- They are crafted by a master bag maker in Suffolk, England.
- Responsibly made products are accessible to as many people as possible. That's why charge what we think is fair, instead of charging more, just because we can.
- Our resources are used to do good. Your purchase helps us achieve our social goals of getting people outdoors, promoting the mental well-being benefits of doing so and protecting the environment.
A Circular Future.
Our bags are made to last a lifetime, but we get that not everyone wants to keep something that long. To avoid your bag ending up in the back of the closet, or worse, the bin, we will take your bag back in exchange for Bear credit (10% of the bags original value) that can be used on future orders.
- We offer a free repairs service covering defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the product. It is your responsibility to send the bag to us then we will handle the rest.
- Wear and tear is not covered by our warranty, but if we can fix your bag we always will (for a fair price). We withhold the right to deem a product beyond repair.
One of the best things about waxed canvas fabric is how it ages. Over time it develops a beautiful patina, making each bag unique. To ensure its kept at its water repellent best, we suggest you reproof your pack once every one to two years depending on use. It's super easy to do and you can find our guide to doing it here.
We also suggest that you try and keep the pack away from light coloured materials in very warm conditions.
Our fair & green shipping policy.
We respect the environment in all that we do.
- All our packaging is recycled and/or biodegradable.
- We try and always use carbon neutral delivery companies like DPD.
There is no such thing as free shipping. The cost is simply just added to the price of the product you are buying. We want to be honest with our customers. So we just charge you what it costs us to ship your order.
The cost is calculated at checkout. We will always use the most reliable and affordable service we can.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Once I felt the bag, I knew it was top quality and was made by a master bag maker. The fabric is very thick, durable, and actually quite water resistant. I use this as a backpack for fly fishing adventures to store coffee making gear and extra clothing but is also stylish and vesatile to use for every day. I absolutely love it.
I have not had use of my backpack yet, it will get its first outing in a short while. However I loved the service and the information I received that accompanied the “bear" on its journey. Kindest Regards Amanda
I bought the GOUTHWAITE BACKPACK - 13-15L in black as a birthday present. I thought it would be good for carrying camera equipment and a laptop. It is the perfect size for that and safely waterproof. I think I would have gone for the bigger one for other purposes (and for a man) as it seemed a little bit smaller than I expected. It is a very beautiful design, fantastic material and workmanship. There is also a strap that stops the backpack falling off your shoulders. Cant wait for when we can go on holiday again. This was the perfect gift - unique and special.
Within a short while of acquiring this bag, it became apparent that its size made it the perfect go-to for daily errands. It feels slightly bigger than specified and fits a 15-inch laptop perfectly which is ideal for me.
The only problem is I can't guarantee where I've left it in the house as the other half enjoys using it just as much!
To say the back pack exceeds my expectations doesn’t begin to describe my experience. With my back pack I got a hand written note thanking me for my business. Hand written in 2021.
I will is my absolute pleasure to recommend this product, this company and this way of working.
Keep going and I cannot wait to purchase from you again.
All the best