Gouthwaite Backpack - Mini - Vol. 1.
/ˈgowthwateː/ 54°06'51.0"N 1°47'47.0"W
- Made in Britain by a master bag maker
- Highly weatherproof and hardwearing
- GOTS certified dry-waxed organic cotton exterior material from British Millerain in Lancashire
- 10 🌳 Planted + 200kg CO2e offset
- Fair and honest pricing
- Almost plastic-free (we use a recycled polyester thread)
- Eligible for our buyback scheme
- Covered by our Lifetime Guarantee
- Your purchase helps us get people outdoors
This mini backpack is perfect for kids and adults alike. The straps are easily adjusted to fit most sizes, and the unstructured nature of the bag makes it very comfortable to wear. It is perfect for days at school, uni, or work, and will feel equally at home in the hills. It is made from our hardwearing, weatherproof, organic dry-waxed cotton which uses 88% less water, 62% less energy, and zero toxic chemicals compared to conventional cotton. The material also has a PFC-free water repellent finish applied for added water repellency.
This bag is embroidered with a small bee to help raise awareness of the biodiversity crisis.
- Capacity: 8 Litres
- Weight: 300g
- Dimensions: 22cm wide x 12cm deep x 30cm high
- Weatherproof dry-waxed organic cotton canvas outer
- Hemp x organic cotton lining
- Internal pouch pocket for organisation
- Metal components
- Undyed cotton webbing straps
- Embroidered logo
- Covered by our Lifetime Warranty
Our fair & honest pricing.
We think it's empowering to know everything about the things we use every day. We pride ourselves on being able to tell you who made your bag, when it was made, and even how much it costs to make. Most companies can't or won't tell you these things. We value honesty, so we tell you everything. We also don't follow traditional retail pricing, often around 5-6x cost. Instead, we sell direct to you and never charge more than 2.5x cost. We think this is fair.
|Cost to you||£75|
- Research and development
Leaving £36 to be reinvested into the business and pay for running costs.
When you buy a BearMade bag you should feel safe in the knowledge that it has been designed, and made, by people who care.
We care that:
- Our bags are made from the best and most responsible materials we can get hold of, and will be recycled into something new at the end of their life.
- They are crafted by a master bag maker in Suffolk, England.
- Responsibly made products are accessible to as many people as possible. That's why charge what we think is fair, instead of charging more, just because we can.
- Our resources are used to do good. Your purchase helps us achieve our social goals of getting people outdoors, promoting the mental well-being benefits of doing so and protecting the environment.
A Circular Future.
Our bags are made to last a lifetime, but we get that not everyone wants to keep something that long. To avoid your bag ending up in the back of the closet, or worse, the bin, we will take your bag back in exchange for Bear credit (10% of the bags original value) that can be used on future orders.
- We offer a free repairs service covering defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the product. It is your responsibility to send the bag to us then we will handle the rest.
- Wear and tear is not covered by our warranty, but if we can fix your bag we always will (for a fair price). We withhold the right to deem a product beyond repair.
One of the best things about waxed canvas fabric is how it ages. Over time it develops a beautiful patina, making each bag unique. To ensure its kept at its water repellent best, we suggest you reproof your pack once every one to two years depending on use. It's super easy to do and you can find our guide to doing it here.
We also suggest that you try and keep the pack away from light coloured materials in very warm conditions.
Our fair & green shipping policy.
We respect the environment in all that we do.
- All our packaging is recycled and/or biodegradable.
- We try and always use carbon neutral delivery companies like DPD.
There is no such thing as free shipping. The cost is simply just added to the price of the product you are buying. We want to be honest with our customers. So we just charge you what it costs us to ship your order.
The cost is calculated at checkout. We will always use the most reliable and affordable service we can.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
love it - fab colour and construction, I’m sure it’s going to go on many adventures
The Mini Gouthwaite Vol. 1 Bag was a great purchase. It's the perfect bag for those day adventures where you don't need a tone of gear. Whether its taking the dog for a walk or getting out and about on day trips with friends this durable and functional bag makes a great go to. On top of that, the company and everything they strive for made this a no brainer purchase. Very happy customer.