Stean Crossbody - 3.4L - Vol. 1
/ˈsteenː/ 54°09'23.4"N 1°51'45.0"W
- Made in Britain by a master bag maker
- Highly weatherproof
- GOTS certified dry-waxed organic cotton exterior material from British Millerain in Lancashire
- 7 🌳 Planted + 140kg CO2e offset
- Fair and honest pricing
- Eligible for our buyback scheme
- Covered by our Lifetime Guarantee
- Your purchase helps us get people outdoors
Like some of our favourite Yorkshire hills: this pack is small but perfectly formed. The Stean acts as a crossbody, sling pack or bum bag for when you want to keep things light and escape outdoors.
It is made from our weatherproof organic cotton which uses 88% less water, 62% less energy, and zero toxic chemicals compared to conventional cotton. This bag takes just what you need and nothing more.
This bag is embroidered with a small bee to help raise awareness of the biodiversity crisis.
- Can be worn as a bum bag, or crossbody.
- Capacity: 3.4 Litres
- Weight: 261g
- Dimensions: 25cm Long x 8cm deep x 17cm wide
- Embroidered patch logo
- Weatherproof dry-waxed organic cotton canvas outer
- Hemp x organic cotton lining
- RIRI weatherproof zip
- Internal pouch pockets for organisation
- Cotton webbing belt with metal buckle
- Covered by our Lifetime Warranty
Our fair & honest pricing.
We think it's empowering to know everything about the things we use every day. We pride ourselves on being able to tell you who made your bag, when it was made, and even how much it costs to make. Most companies can't or won't tell you these things. We value honesty, so we tell you everything. We also don't follow traditional retail pricing, often around 5-6x cost. Instead, we sell direct to you and never charge more than 2.5x cost. We think this is fair.
|Cost to you||£60|
- Research and development
Leaving £25 to be reinvested into the business and pay for running costs.
When you buy a BearMade bag you should feel safe in the knowledge that it has been designed, and made, by people who care.
We care that:
- Our bags are made from the best and most responsible materials we can get hold of, and will be recycled into something new at the end of their life.
- They are crafted by a master bag maker in Suffolk, England.
- Responsibly made products are accessible to as many people as possible. That's why charge what we think is fair, instead of charging more, just because we can.
- Our resources are used to do good. Your purchase helps us achieve our social goals of getting people outdoors, promoting the mental well-being benefits of doing so and protecting the environment.
A Circular Future.
Our bags are made to last a lifetime, but we get that not everyone wants to keep something that long. To avoid your bag ending up in the back of the closet, or worse, the bin, we will take your bag back in exchange for Bear credit (10% of the bags original value) that can be used on future orders.
- We offer a free repairs service covering defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the product. It is your responsibility to send the bag to us then we will handle the rest.
- Wear and tear is not covered by our warranty, but if we can fix your bag we always will (for a fair price). We withhold the right to deem a product beyond repair.
One of the best things about waxed canvas fabric is how it ages. Over time it develops a beautiful patina, making each bag unique. To ensure its kept at its water repellent best, we suggest you reproof your pack once every one to two years depending on use. It's super easy to do and you can find our guide to doing it here.
We also suggest that you try and keep the pack away from light coloured materials in very warm conditions.
Our fair & green shipping policy.
We respect the environment in all that we do.
- All our packaging is recycled and/or biodegradable.
- We try and always use carbon neutral delivery companies like DPD.
There is no such thing as free shipping. The cost is simply just added to the price of the product you are buying. We want to be honest with our customers. So we just charge you what it costs us to ship your order.
The cost is calculated at checkout. We will always use the most reliable and affordable service we can.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Immensely pleased with my purchase - stylish, sturdy, and the perfect size. I use my stean crossbody for dog walks (fits all the essentials + treats for the pup), errands, and the occasional night out and feel equally cute doing so.
Great little bag- use ours for dog walking/kid walking essentials. Light weight and very comfy to wear. Stands up to a decent soaking in the rain too!
Bought this bag as a present for my partner and she absolutely loves it! From bike rides and day hikes to afternoons by the river, this bag goes everywhere with her. The finish and quality of the bag is top-notch and I expect it to last for a very very long time.
My Stean crossbody has become an essential item for everyday activities - whether it be going down to the shops or off for a walk. It fits all my necessities - phone, wallet, keys and mask with space to spare. I love the practical minimalistic design - suited to every occasion! Thank you Bear!
Last month my Stean crossbody and I were walking on a 34 km beach in Northern New South Wales and this week it has been out fishing for King Fish on a JetSki off Sydney’s northern beaches! What a great bit of kit! Big enough for the essentials but neat enough to sling on and not weigh you down! Waterproof under very damp conditions- a fab bag for the great outdoors.