When you buy a BearMade bag you should feel safe in the knowledge that it has been designed, and made, by people who care.
We care that:
- Our bags are made from the best and most sustainable* materials we can get hold of, and will be recycled into something new at the end of their life.
- They are crafted by a master bag maker in Suffolk, England.
- Sustainably* made products are accessible to as many people as possible. That's why charge what we think is fair, instead of charging more just because we can.
- Our resources are used to do good. Your purchase helps us achieve our social goals of getting people outdoors, promoting the well-being benefits of doing so and protecting the environment.
*Check out our blog post to find out how we define the term 'Sustainable'.
BearReMade A Circular Future
Our bags are made to last a lifetime, but we get that not everyone wants to keep something that long. To avoid your bag ending up in the back of the closet, or worse, the bin, we will take your bag back in exchange for BearMade credit (10% of the bags original value) that can be used on future orders.
- We offer a free repairs service covering defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the product. It is your responsibility to send the bag to us then we will handle the rest.
- Wear and tear is not covered by our warranty, but if we can fix your bag we always will (for a fair price). We withhold the right to deem a product beyond repair.
One of the best things about dry-waxed canvas fabric is how it ages. Over time it develops a beautiful patina, making each bag unique. To ensure its kept at its water repellent best, we suggest you reproof your pack once every one to two years depending on use. It's super easy to do and you can find our guide to doing it here.
Our fair & green shipping policy
We respect the environment in all that we do.
- All our packaging is recycled and/or biodegradable.
- We try and always use carbon neutral delivery companies like DPD.
There is no such thing as free shipping. The cost is simply just added to the price of the product you are buying. We want to be honest with our customers. So we just charge you what it costs us to ship your order.
The cost is calculated at checkout. We will always use the most reliable and affordable service we can.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Received my Backpack after looking at many many over the last few weeks, and very happy with my decision.
It's built like a tank, without being to heavy. Has all the pockets I need, plus straps on the outside for attaching larger objects like a Helinox chair.
With shoulder straps make it comfortable to cary even when heavy, and for longer times.
The yellow colour I found to be not as bright as the photo's, more of a light mustard, but that was what I was hoping for so happy again.
Seems like a good ethical company as well, which is appreciated.
Excellent quality. Fits everything I hoped it would in well. Would recommend this product. Good communication.
If you want a simple minimalist backpack that will fit weeks worth of your groceries or will be able to pack for a picnic in the park that's what you need! I love the minimalist design and the sturdiest buckle you could ever have on a bag. Couldn't recommend it more to anyone thay is looking for a beaitufuly designed long lasting backpack!
My mother-in-law mentioned she couldn't find a backpack that did all the things she wanted: a daytime carry around for groceries/trips into Edinburgh, day excursions into the Scottish uplands, or 1-3 day guest house stays around the highlands. She is fussy and doesn't buy much for herself, and always wants to know that her things are made ethically, with fair wages and low transport miles post-manufacturing. She returned a couple of rucksacks due to fit and poor quality manufacturing, so I chose this bag for her. She said the Gouthwaite (and this larger size one) ticks all the boxes...you've made me the best son-in-law ever. Thank you Oz and Nell.
This bag is made so beautifully and of such a high quality that I feel it will last me a lifetime. It puts mass produced products to shame and makes me really appreciate the skill of a real crafts person.