When you buy a BearMade bag you should feel safe in the knowledge that it has been designed, and made, by people who care.
We care that:
- Our bags are made from the best and most sustainable* materials we can get hold of, and will be recycled into something new at the end of their life.
- They are crafted by a master bag maker in Suffolk, England.
- Sustainably* made products are accessible to as many people as possible. That's why charge what we think is fair, instead of charging more just because we can.
- Our resources are used to do good. Your purchase helps us achieve our social goals of getting people outdoors, promoting the well-being benefits of doing so and protecting the environment.
*Check out our blog post to find out how we define the term 'Sustainable'.
BearReMade A Circular Future
Our bags are made to last a lifetime, but we get that not everyone wants to keep something that long. To avoid your bag ending up in the back of the closet, or worse, the bin, we will take your bag back in exchange for BearMade credit (10% of the bags original value) that can be used on future orders.
- We offer a free repairs service covering defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the product. It is your responsibility to send the bag to us then we will handle the rest.
- Wear and tear is not covered by our warranty, but if we can fix your bag we always will (for a fair price). We withhold the right to deem a product beyond repair.
One of the best things about dry-waxed canvas fabric is how it ages. Over time it develops a beautiful patina, making each bag unique. To ensure its kept at its water repellent best, we suggest you reproof your pack once every one to two years depending on use. It's super easy to do and you can find our guide to doing it here.
Our fair & green shipping policy
We respect the environment in all that we do.
- All our packaging is recycled and/or biodegradable.
- We try and always use carbon neutral delivery companies like DPD.
We offer free shipping on all orders over £100.
For orders under £100 the cost is calculated at checkout. We will always use the most reliable and affordable service we can.
Customer ReviewsWrite a review
Having spent years going on walks with bags that were either too big, too small, or just too uncomfortable, the Ramsgill bag has finally proved to be exactly right. Big enough to fit my binoculars (the only biggish thing I always carry) with plenty of room left for phone, keys etc. The detailing is lovely - even fixing on the strap is a joy, with really high quality clips. It looks great and is very versatile - when I finally overcome my reluctance to go up hills and get on my bike again it will fit on there perfectly as well. Lovely to know that the bag is ethically sourced and sustainably made, giving a further reason to enjoy it. A really great find that will be a joy to use for years to come.
This bag is beautifully designed and made — really unbelievable for the price. It’s the sort of product you’d expect to find at MHL (Margaret Howell). It looks very smart and is light and comfortable to wear. I got it as an alternative to a heavier leather bag for the summer and now it’s hard to imagine going back to leather; I hope there will be one or two other colours available in the autumn (navy, olive or burgundy?). The bag looks good whether you wear it with workout gear or a nice dress. It fits my wallet, large phone, sunglasses, little shopping bag, keys, face mask and lipstick. Thanks BearMade.
I LOVE this bag. The craftsmanship is second to none. Quality product with a moral compass. So glad to have found Bear Made.