9' 6wt - The Universal Rod.
Made for everything.
These rods are a passion project for us, we are not making them commercially. These rods are not for profit. We just love doing it.
Currently, there is a 6-week wait.
The 9' 6wt is our universal rod. We designed it to be at home where ever it's used. From chasing Sea Trout on the Danish Coast to presenting dry flies to large Chalkstream Brown Trout, this rod can do it all.
Made in England on Spanish blanks.
- Minimalist styling.
- Weight: 97 grams with the fighting butt (79 grams without)
- Full-wells, Flor Grade cork handle.
- Fighting Butt.
- Choice of reel seat fitting colour - Black or Champagne.
- Single leg guides throughout.
- Ultralight stripper guides.
- Fibreglass rod tube - Made in England.
- Rod bag - Made in England.
- Not for profit - The small profit made from each sale is used to engage people in fly fishing.
- Our honest warranty.
- Free worldwide standard shipping.
- Collect your rod in person and receive a free half-day of guided fishing in North Yorkshire. Can't make it up north? You can donate your half-day to someone who is eager to learn or to a fishing charity of your choice.
Bear was born to turn the tide. We make the finest quality products we can, charge the lowest price we can, and use our resources to get people involved in fly fishing....Read more.
What is it great for?
Saltwater fly fishing, particularly coastal Sea Trout.
Predator fly fishing.
Lake fly fishing with floating and sinking lines.
Streamer fly fishing.
Dry fly fishing of all kinds.
What is it not so good for?
Euro Nymphing techniques. View 10' 2wt.
Situations where a delicate presentation is a must. View 9' 4" 3wt.
Your rods journey.
We have sourced the finest components from around the world to produce the purest fly rods on the market today.
Your blank is made in Spain by top rod makers Maxia, where it has been designed and used by world champions.
Your reel seat and Guides come from a small company in China providing exceptional quality products. Honestly, they are the lightest and strongest we have ever found!
Your cork handle comes from Portugal, they produce the best cork, end of story. The handles are then turned in Denmark by our friend Jesper. He turns the best handles we have ever seen.
Your rod tube and rod bag are both made by hand in England.
All of this is then pieced together in our workshop right here in the United Kingdom. Where we build one rod per week to ensure that everything is completed to the absolute highest of standards.
2. We will repair or replace your rod/section at the cost price of materials, labour and shipping. For example, the cost to replace a broken tip section would be around £50/$65 + shipping. This actually works out cheaper than most companies "handling fees", and in the interest of honesty, we will send you an itemised repair bill with all the costs listed.
3. We will try our best to get you back on the water as soon as possible. If it looks like your repair might take a little longer than usual, allowing that we have one available, you will be able to borrow one of our demo rods to use whilst your rod is in the shop.
4. Our warranty is for the original owner of the rod only.
5. In the unlikely scenario that exact repair or replacement may not be possible, we will work with you to ensure that the best possible outcome is achieved.